Triangle School's safeguarding policy outlines how we will meet our statutory responsibilities in relation to the Children’s Act 2004 and in particular Section 11.
Our safeguarding policy shows our commitment to:
- safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in Triangle Primary School;
- reassuring all stakeholders that staff and Governors are trained to deal with concerns raised around safeguarding;
- making sure all visitors and volunteers are aware of the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
All our staff will undergo safeguarding training which is updated on a regular basis.
We will also make sure all staff, Governors, volunteers and outside contractors are vetted, appropriate to their role.
Our policy provides clear guidance for all staff, and highlights what can be expected from our school in respect of safeguarding.
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
- ensuring children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care;
- enabling those children to have optimum life chances and enter adulthood successfully.
Below you will find links to important documents that link to Safeguarding.
Keeping Children safe in Education
What to do if You're Worried a Child is Being Abused
Working Together to Safeguard Children
Information Sharing - Safeguarding